Sony a7 IV Firmware Update Version 1.10 now Available
Sony just released the new firmware update version 1.10 for Sony A7 IV camera.
Sony a7 IV Firmware Version 1.10
Benefits and Improvements
- Allows you to select M and S sizes in addition to L when using the RAW recording lossless compression method
- The shutter speed and ISO sensitivity settings dedicated for flash photography can be retained
- Adds the Touch Shutter function
- Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
- The camera’s serial number can be recorded in the metadata in the movie files
- Improves operability of Wi-Fi connections
- Adds a 1 minute setting to the Power Save by Monitor menu
- Fixes an issue where the viewfinder display may not be brightened according to the ambient brightness
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
Precautions when updating from Ver.1.01 or earlier
- When updating from a version lower than Ver.1.01, you need to update to Ver.1.05 first. Please update to Ver.1.10 after updating to Ver.1.05. If you try to update this version without updating to Ver.1.05, an error will occur and you will not be able to update.
- Follow the instructions below to check the system software version.
Note: If the Date/Time setting screen appears when you turn on your camera, be sure to set the date and time to the correct values.
- On the camera, select Menu.
- Select Setup → Setup Option → Version.
Sony a7 IV body: $2,498 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Sony a7 IV with 28-70mm Lens: $2,698 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Read more: Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 IV